What happens when you combine Baked Jalapeño Poppers with chicken?? Oh yeah baby!! Cheesy jalapeno popper stuffed chicken breast stuffed with diced jalapeño, cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, scallions and bacon!
Serve it with fiesta lime rice, cilantro lime rice or a two bean salad or black bean cucumber salad on the side to make it a meal.
For this recipe, I basically deconstructed my jalapeño poppers and stuffed them into chicken and the results where mouth watering!! Now updated to include Air Fryer directions!
VARIATIONS AND TIPS:
- Use panko in place of breadcrumbs for a crunchier texture.
- To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free panko.
- For a milder version, take out the jalapeno seeds and membranes.
- To make them spicy, leave them in.
Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 25 mins
TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz reduced-fat shredded cheddar jack, Sargento
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs, or GF crumbs
- 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet.
- Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
Air Fryer Directions
- Follow Steps 1 to 8, then air fry in batches 400F for 12 minutes, turning halfway.
Serving: 2stuffed breasts, Calories: 371kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 42.5g, Fat: 17.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 356mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 0.5gBlue Smart Points:5Green Smart Points:9Purple Smart Points:6Points +:9