This EASY Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Corn recipe is cheesy and delicious, made with boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn, and salsa topped with melted cheddar cheese. YUM!
Easy prep in under 5 minutes, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights! More slow cooker recipes I love with easy prep are Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili and Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup.
I seriously died and went to heaven after the first bite of this chicken. It was so good, I am actually making it again for dinner tonight! The chicken comes out so tender and flavorful, and this slow cooker recipe just couldn’t be easier!
I’m also pumped that Weight Watcher’s new Freestyle Plan included beans, chicken and corn in their list of Zero Smart Point foods, which means so many of my recipes are now lower in points!
How To Serve Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken:
- I served it yesterday over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice with 1-ounce avocado and it was perfection (8 smart points total)!
- If you want to lower your carbs, try this over cauliflower rice.
- You transfer the chicken, corn, and black beans with a slotted spoon into a serving platter to turn these into tacos (there will be liquid in the bottom of the slow cooker, you’ll want to discard that) then shred the chicken with two forks and mix it all together. Serve the cheese on the side with tortillas.
Chicken With Black Beans and Corn Recipe
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
This EASY Slow Cooker Chicken dish is cheesy and delicious, made with boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn and salsa topped with melted cheddar cheese. YUM!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 15 ounce can reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts halved lengthwise, 16 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning, or salt to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups chunky mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, reduced fat Sargento
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- optional, serve with avocado and brown rice
- Combine corn and beans and put them in the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken with adobo (or salt), garlic powder and cumin then place in the slow cooker and top with salsa.
- Cover and cook LOW for 6 hours.
- Top with cheese, cover and cook until melted, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- To serve, transfer the chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Serving: 1piece chicken, 3/4 cup vegetables, Calories: 414kcal, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 108mg, Sodium: 866mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 6.5gBlue Smart Points:3Green Smart Points:4Purple Smart Points:1Points +:10