Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe, this recipe is full of banana flavor and packed with delicious chocolate chips.
Delicious All Year Round
These muffins are soft, fluffy and have the perfect amount of sweetness. I make them all year round. Even in the summer months, they are great for picnics or days at the beach.
Why This Recipe Works
- Using melted butter instead of oil adds flavor as well as saving the trouble of creaming the butter and sugar.
- You can add the banana to the warm butter allows for easy mashing even with bananas that aren’t overripe.
- Topping with them with banana chips allows guests to easily identify the flavor of the muffins.
Easy Banana Muffins
I make these muffins a lot. We often have extra bananas leftover at the end of the week and my son loves them. I used to make this recipe beating the butter and sugar together, but to save time I started melting the butter instead.
Throwing everything into a bowl and mixing it is very simple – anyone can do it regardless of their baking skills. I saw no difference in taste or texture so I decided to change the recipe for all of you. Who doesn’t love a time saver?
Step By Step Instructions
Continue Reading On The Next Page
1. Start with melting the butter. And then add the bananas to the warm butter.
Baking With Bananas
- Be sure to use very ripe bananas. Black bananas are the best. The ripest bananas are easy to puree.
- If you only have yellow bananas add the yellow banana to the butter before melting. Heating them will make mashing easier
2. Mash the banana into the warm butter with a potato masher.
3. Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix until blended Add the chocolate chips.
5. Fold the chocolate chips in until mixed evenly into the batter.
6. Add the batter into muffin cases.
Use An Ice Cream Scoop
- Using an ice cream scoop to add the batter to the muffin papers keeps things easy as well as uniform in size!
7. Top with banana chips for decoration.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes (30 minutes for the large loaf pan) or until a cake tester comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
10. Serve warm or cooled and enjoy every last bite!
For Perfect Muffins
- Start with a hot oven. Preheat the oven to 400F while you get your ingredients ready and then reduce the temperature according to the recipe.
- The initial hot oven creates a burst of heat that helps lift the muffins. Take note: Because you turn down the temperature, baking times may vary. Check your muffins 5 minutes early and go from there
- For domed tops: Nearly fill the muffin pan papers. It takes a lot of batters to build a nice dome.
- Use a scoop to fill the pan. Using a large ice cream scoop to fill the pan will result in muffins that are uniform in size.
- 11 tablespoons butter melted, plus extra for the tin
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ cup superfine sugar or granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 banana chips for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 375F/170C Prepare a muffin pan with twelve muffin cases (or if making a loaf, grease the pan)
- Melt the butter, add the bananas and mash well with a potato masher. Add the rest of the ingredients (besides the chocolate chips) to the bowl and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed into the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop add the batter into muffin cases and top with the banana chips. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Be sure to use very ripe bananas. Black bananas are the best.
- The riper the banana the more flavor and the easier it mashes. If you only have yellow bananas add them to the butter to be melted. The heat will help them mash easier.