These delicious bite-size buns are perfect for sliders and small burgers, weight watchers friendly too. Also, they make fantastic appetizer sandwiches, for lunch, dinner, or a party.
Everybody will love your homemade buns filled with tiny burgers, seafood salad, shredded beef, pulled pork or chicken, or other delicious sandwich fillings.
GREENN/BLUE/PURPLE: 2 points each bun
You can be prepared by hand, with your stand mixer. You can make about 24 to 26 ounces of dough that can be divided to suit your needs.
When you divide the dough into 20 pieces weighing 1 1/2 ounce each, they’re perfect for 2-ounce burgers or meatloaf sliders. For smaller appetizer sandwiches and burgers, make 26 rolls using 1 ounce of dough for each.
To get the top crust, brush the cakes with egg wash immediately before baking. You can also sprinkle the cakes with sesame seeds for a fun finish.
Total: 37 mins
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 17 mins
Rising Time: 105 mins
Servings: 18 servings
- We’ll need 1 (1/4-ounce) package/2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- And 1/2 cup water (warm, about 110 F)
- 2/3 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups/15 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (or poppy seeds)
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)