This Weight Watchers French Onion Chicken Bake is so easy to make and a lip-smacking delicious-seasoned chicken breast smothered in a french onion soup and topped with light mozzarella.
Servings: Makes 6 ( 1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup onions and sauce) servings
2 Points® per serving
WHAT MAKES THIS WEIGHT WATCHERS FRENCH ONION CHICKEN SO FLAVORFUL?
To get a good flavor, you can season the chicken breast before grilling it. And I have to admit … French onion soup really takes this recipe to the next level !!
HOW TO MAKE THIS FRENCH ONION CHICKEN BAKE?
To make this Weight Watchers French Onion Chicken Bake you will:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet pan (or cast iron grill skillet) melt butter and add sliced onions.
3. Saute the onions in butter until softened and translucent.
4. When onions become soft, place onions on a plate and set them aside.
5. Using the same skillet, spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Season each chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Place seasoned chicken breasts into a prepared skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium-high, on both sides or until chicken breasts are golden brown.
7. Add onions back into the skillet with the chicken breasts.
8. Pour in the can of French onion soup.
9. Simmer the chicken and onions in the soup for 2-3 minutes-this will allow the soup to caramelize the chicken.
10. If using a CAST IRON SKILLET PAN top each chicken breast with light mozzarella cheese. (otherwise-transfer chicken, onions, and sauce into an oven-safe baking dish and top with light mozzarella cheese.)
11. Place a skillet or baking dish in a preheated oven.
12. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.