This Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Cheesecake Dessert will be the hit at your next BBQ or family gathering, Your family will thank you for this Lightened Up Strawberry Pretzel Cheesecake Dessert.
Servings: Makes 12 servings
5 Points® per serving
The sweet and salty combination is exactly what this recipe has-a a salty pretzel crust, a creamy filling, and a sweet strawberry topping. This makes for a fabulous potluck or weekend dessert.
To make this Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Cheesecake Dessert you will:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Using a FOOD SCALE, measure out 7 oz. mini pretzels.
4. Place pretzels into a blender or a food processor.
5. Add granulated sugar, and melted butter.
6. Blend for 30-40 seconds.
(You don’t want the pieces of pretzels to be too fine – be sure to not blend too much)
7. Pour the pretzel mixture into the pre-prepared dish and press it evenly to form a crust.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Before adding the cream cheese layer, take it out of the oven and let it cool completely (at least 15 minutes).
10. Mix it with sugar substitute and cream cheese in a food processor.
11. Combine till nice and smooth.
12. In a medium mixing bowl, pour the cream cheese mixture and fold it into the cold mix.
13. Then spread the cream cheese layer with a cold whisk over the cooled pretzel layer.
14. It’s a good idea to make sure you spread the cream cheese over all the corners and edges so that the top jelly doesn’t get absorbed.
15. Then refrigerate for at LEAST 30-45 minutes before adding the top layer.
16. In a bowl of two cups of boiling water, dissolve sugar-free jelly, let it dissolve completely for at least two minutes, then stir the strawberries.
17. Chill the strawberry mixture in the fridge until it thickens to the consistency of egg whites, about 15-20 minutes.
18. Then pour over the top of the cool whip layer.
19. Refrigerate until it sets or at least 2 hours.
20. Using a knife, cut into 12 even slices.