These One Point Weight Watchers Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are made with whole grains, and are perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert!
SERVINGS: MAKES 12 FULL-SIZE MUFFINS
GREEN PLAN: 1 SmartPoint for 1 muffin or 2 servings for 3 Smart Points if using egg whites or 2 SmartPoints per muffin if using 1 whole egg
BLUE PLAN: 1 SmartPoint for muffin or 3 SmartPoints for 2 servings
PURPLE PLAN: 1 SmartPoint for muffin or 3 SmartPoints for 2 servings
WHAT CAN I USE TO ADD EXTRA PROTEIN TO THESE MUFFINS?
To increase the protein content in these muffins you may substitute a 1/3 cup Kodiak Pancake mix for 1/3 cup (100-110 calorie) flavor protein powder ( I use DEVOTION ANGEL FOOD CAKE)
Protein will boost satiety and make this the perfect portable snack!
The protein powder I use and recommend is Devotion to Nutrition Angel Food Cake Protein Powder.
What distinguishes is gluten-free, ONE point on all 3 WW plans, and has 20 grams of protein for just 1 scoop!
HOW DO I MAKE THESE WEIGHT WATCHERS PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and using a MUFFIN TIN, like a full-size muffin tin with 12 liners
- In a medium bowl add pumpkin purée, egg, water, extract, and sugar substitute. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine pancake mix, pumpkin spice, cinnamon. baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet slowly as you stir. Stir just until combined. Then fold in 1/2 of the no sugar added chocolate chips.
- Pour into muffin foil liners (or spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray). Add 5-6 (no sugar added) chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.