My new favorite food this month “Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza Casserole” It’s a combination of macaroni and cheese and pizza! Easy to make and delicious, but it’s also Weight Watchers friendly.
3 points per one cup serving on all 3 plans. Blue – Purple – Green
How many Points are in This Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe?
I updated this post in March of 2021 to include the Points for myWW programs.
Must each Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza Casserole should be divided into 12 equal servings.
PEPPERONI PIZZA CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
Get your favorite plate and enjoy, a big spoon and dig in! You will find the links to the products I used in the recipe below.
You may have many of these casserole ingredients on hand. Lean ground turkey 97/3 is best. Onion, garlic, olive oil, zero-point tomato sauce, Hunts is best. You will add a few simple seasonings too.
PIZZA CASSEROLE TOPPING IDEAS
I used low-carb rotini pasta for this recipe, low-fat mozzarella, and fat-free mozzarella, too. If you are on a purple plan, using whole wheat noodles will lower your point values.
And I also like to add spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms to pizza. Those are all zero points on the SmartPoints plan!!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 lb ground lean ground turkey 97% lean
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 30 oz hunts tomato sauce or 2 cans 15 oz tomatoes with no added sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces rotini pasta low carb
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup no-fat mozzarella cheese
- 32 slices of turkey pepperoni, divided (approx 2 oz)
- 2 TBSP sliced black olives
- top with additional zero point vegetables if you desire
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook PASTA according to package and drain.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and saute ground turkey, onion, garlic, in a large skillet until meat is cooked.
- Then spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix cooked pasta, meat mixture, sauce, 1 cup of cheese, 16 pepperoni and Italian seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Spread pasta mixture evenly in pan.
- top with remaining cheese, pepperoni, and olives.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes until heated through.
- Cut into 12 equal servings.
Using canned tomato sauce, lean ground turkey (or chicken) and no fat cheese help make this a delicious low point casserole. If you use 99% fat-free turkey you can lower the points. The serving size is 1 cup. Serve with a low point side or green salad for a filling low point dinner.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Trans Fat: 0g
Unsaturated Fat: 5g