These Weight Watchers Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Squares are made with no flour, oil, or refined sugar-which means they are just about as healthy as your morning bowl of oatmeal!! It’s simple to make, soft-baked, and perfect for meal prep!
FOR SERVINGS: MAKES 9 THICK SQUARES OR 12 THINNER SQUARES
GREEN PLAN: Two smart points if you make 12 bars or 3 smart points if you make 9 thick squares and use egg whites
BLUE PLAN: Two smart points if you make 12 bars or 3 smart points if you make 9 thick squares
PURPLE PLAN: Zero Points for 2 servings
HOW TO MAKE THESE OATMEAL BANANA BREAKFAST SQUARES?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8×8 baking dish or 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Use an 8×8 baking dish if you want to make 9 thicker squares or a 9×13 baking dish if you want to make 12 thinner squares.
Mash bananas using the bottom of a whisk or fork and stir until bananas are completely mashed in a medium mixing bowl.
Then add eggs or egg whites and whisk to combine.
And pour in unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla.
Stir until fully combined.
Combine the oats, baking powder, baking soda, zero-point brown sugar sweetener, salt, and cinnamon in a separate large bowl.
Stir until well combined.
Gradually add the wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
Fold in desired fruit.
For additional points, You can substitute or add no sugar added chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Until the center is thoroughly cooked you need to Bake for 40 minutes.
Let it cool for 10 minutes.
Finally, cut into nine thick square bars or twelve thinner size bars.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 Big eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup zero-point brown sugar – I Recommend LAKANTO GOLDEN MONKFRUIT SWEETENER
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup UNSWEETENED APPLESAUCE
- 1 Teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 3 cups OLD FASHIONED ROLLED OATS or GLUTEN-FREE ROLLED OATS
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp CINNAMON
- 1 plus 1/2 cups fresh Strawberries, raspberries, chopped Tomatoes, blackberries
- Optional: no sugar added chocolate chips
- Spray an 8×8 BAKING DISH or 9×13 BAKING DISH with nonstop cooking spray. Use an 8×8 baking dish if you would like to create 9 thicker a 9×13 baking dish if you would like to create 12 thinner squares.
- In a medium mixing bowl skillet utilizing the base of a whisk or fork and stir fry until peanuts are totally mashed.
- Add eggs or egg whites and whisk to blend.
- Pour unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla. Stir until completely blended.
- In another large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, baking soda, zero-point brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until well blended.
- Gently add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Fold in fruit. You may add or substitute no sugar added chocolate chips, for added points.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the center is completely cooked. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut to 9 thick square squares or 12 thinner dimensions squares.
SERVINGS: MAKES 9 THICK SQUARES OR 12 THINNER SQUARES
GREEN: two smart points if you create 12 pubs or 3 smart points if you make 9 thick squares and use egg whites
BLUE: two smart points if you create 12 pubs or 3 clever points if you create 9 thick squares
PURPLE: Zero Points for two servings
- Store leftovers as soon as they’ve cooled. Wrap them in plastic zip-lock bags and store them in the fridge for 5 days or freeze up to 4 weeks.
- Let them in the fridge overnight before serving.