I absolutely love a good oatmeal cookie. I recreated this recipe using a recipe I had in my recipe file (before the days of Pinterest) to make them more WW-friendly. Enjoy!
SERVINGS: MAKES 12 COOKIES
GREEN PLAN: 2 Smartpoints per cookie
BLUE PLAN: 2 Smartpoints per cookie
PURPLE PLAN: 1 Smartpoints per cookie
HOW DO I MAKE THESE OATMEALCHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
- First, you must preheat the oven to 350 degrees then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar blend in a large mixing bowl until fluffy and then add the egg, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until smooth. (30 seconds)
- Then mix the oats and self-rising flour with baking soda in another bowl.
- By using a rubber spatula, fold the oat mixture into the egg mixture. The dough will be crumbly. Then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Then Using a standard tablespoon measuring spoon and place them on the cookie sheet about 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- And now just let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them.